Friday, November 21, 2014

I Was Fired

The E mail:

September 27, 2015

From: Dave Dinsmore, Biting Dog Publications

To: All Biting Dog Pub Writers

Hi everyone
 
Eric and I have been in a long discussion these past few months weighing the pros and cons of our e-book line and have finally decided that we are going to discontinue our e-books and concentrate on other projects.
 
The whole system has just become too cumbersome, and tax time is a complete nightmare for me.
 
Each author is free to keep their covers and files, I just ask that you remove any reference to Biting Dog Publications.
 
I'll remove the titles for sale as of this weekend and will send out a check for the full amount owed to you once my reports from the retailers are in.
 
This is not a reflection on any of our authors, I was proud to work with each and every one of you!
 
Feel free to contact me here if you have any questions.
 
Best,
Dave Dinsmore

Sixteen Lines and...

my twelve year relationship with Biting Dog was over. Was I surprised? Well.... only slightly. Dumping all of the other writers was a shock. Getting rid of me was not. I didn't produce as quickly as BDP and I wished I had and if the books I gave them didn't sell I probably would have been trashed long ago.

Next...

The day after the email I contacted KH Koehler and we began negotiating a cover for my first independent publication, Pretzel Logic: Tales of Love & Horror...



a collection of everything I did while working with BDP - one novel, one novella and eight short stories all for $2.99 and free for subscribers of Kindle Unlimited and Kindle Owners Lending Library.

Help Me, Help You, Help Me...

Do I really need to suggest you to buy the book? I mean, I did post the Amazon link. Of course some (most) of you won't, all for good reasons I'm sure, but there is still something you can do to help out this semi-complete unknown writer out - share the link to this blog. Tell all your facebook, twitter, Google + friends to check it out. My goal is a larger reader base to justify why I write this stuff and hey, it would be greatly appreciated.

Enough - go forth and multiply (my readership). I would be grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment