Sunday, March 6, 2016

Using Your Kindle to Edit


Did you know that you can use your Kindle to help you in your writing? I’ve been sending Word documents from my laptop to my device for years and it’s a great way to save paper see how your story looks on your reader. All you need is your Kindle email address – every reader has one. Just do the following:

Go to the Amazon website and put your cursor on Your Account (top right) then go down to Manage Your Content and Devices and click. Next click the Settings tab and when that opens scroll down to Personal Document Settings. That’s where you will see your email address.

Once you have the address you can send any Word document to your Kindle. This is a great way to see how it looks the way readers will see it. Also I find it an excellent tool for editing. I’ll write or edit a story, send it to my Kindle, grab a cup of coffee (or whatever) and go onto the porch to read it. If I see something I want to change, I’ll make a mental note and go back to the original document to make the edits. I then delete the document from my Kindle and send the new version to it when I’m ready.

J


No comments:

Post a Comment