Monday, September 5, 2016

Life Reimagined - The Beginning


I’m dying. OK we all are (or so “they” tell us). In my case the problem is that although my pre-checkup body feels just fine I’ve been thinking about the end a lot. Note: I’m not revealing a desire; I’m sharing a mood that’s encompassed me for the last four or five years.

Hitting my sixties … awaiting my first check … recent job hunting activities in which my age was an obvious negative … losing a few friend who hadn’t reached my age … and I’ve been handling it by preparing for the inevitable while doing what I can to stretch things out a bit:

Life Insurance – I’m more financially valuable to Lisa dead than alive. Woo Hoo.

Better Body Maintenance – Lost lots of weight, quit using tobacco, attempting to improving my consumption habits and working on the mental side of this whole issue.

 The Positive:

I’m alive.

I feel healthy (sorta kinda).

I walk approx. seven miles a day.

I try to eat right (sorta kinda).

I’m not alone and I feel loved (I think this is a major plus).

 I don’t feel old. I don’t think about retirement. OK, I can’t financially, but I don’t think I’d want to if I could afford it. Sitting on a beach and drinking a lot of alcohol while getting older and fatter is just not appealing. I also don’t have a bucket list or what I call “the death list”.



I’m dying, folks, but I’m also living and I’ve decided to focus on the latter. For the record, Allens tend to hang around a while. I might have another 20 to 30 years to go. I can accept aging, but I will not get old. The key is to concentrate on those things I can control – the physical and more so those things I can do to make myself better inside.

Life Reimagined makes a lot of sense.



J

No comments:

Post a Comment